Funded by Commonwealth Department of Health, supported by NSW Ministry of Health (SLHD).
WHOS OSTAR® (Opioid Substitution to Abstinence Residential) is a residential Therapeutic Community (TC) set in the tranquil and heritage grounds in inner Sydney. It’s goal is to assist reduction off methadone/other opioids while learning the skills necessary to live eventually drug free.
OSTAR® uses the Therapeutic Community model of care.
The Therapeutic Community’s aim is to provide a safe and secure environment where you can concentrate on your recovery to enable you to reduce off an opioid.
- dosing at our own clinic on site. Methadone/bup – no cost
- safe and secure environment from other drugs of dependence
- staffing 24 hours
- voluntary 4- 6 month residential program
- aftercare support
- separate living accommodation for women and men
- access to legal, welfare housing and employment services
Group work and individual counselling includes:
- living, social & communication skills development
- stress management program
- leisure activities
- self esteem building
- HIV/HCV and other infectious disease education and support
- Overdose and CPR groups
- self help meetings, counselling etc.